Community

Doing is My Creativity

“If someone comes to me and wants me to frame their art work, it means they want to display it and make sure it lasts into the future.” Cecilia Fogelberg established Kyneton’s latest framers, FOGELBERG'S CONSERVATION FRAMERS,  in October 2014. Since moving here from Melbourne, with her young daughter, she has [...]

Fundraising is Hard

Last year I received a call from Michelle Rankin of Saltworks, who asked me how do you make fundraising work?  My short answer was; "It is really hard." I secretly admire Michelle's fantastic weekly email out to Satworks supporters.  The email is simple, containing a short gorgeous story about what [...]

Pop Up Local on Social Media

My long time friend Kristy Kum Too has crafted up an extraordinary business HABITUE design. She handcrafts crochet rugs and baskets. As well as beautiful custom playing blocks, however she is not one to leave the crowd behind – she has brought them with her through the power of collaboration [...]

Story and Art Create Democracy

We live a in a diverse multicultural community with distinct stories. A truly democratic culture is inclusive. It allows a diversity of values to be heard and reaches out to those who are excluded.  This was a panel discussion topic with Beyond the Festival Show case that City of Greater  [...]

Intergral Communication

"Art is the medium for a culture's expression and identity; it has the power to mold people's world view and perspective". These are the words of Bella Gaia founder and producer, Kenji Williams. In an interview Williams goes onto explain. "...I think that art for art's sake is less interesting; [...]

Stuck in a Rut? Be Kind to Others.

A few months ago our school newsletter had a really great article which caught my attention : the benefits of kindness.   Since depression, anxiety and stress involve a high degree of focus on the self , focusing on the needs of others literally helps shift our thinking. Having [...]

I have fallen in love

Whilst doing some very important surfing I met Adam France and promptly feel in love. Check out his drawings, gifs and other visual joy. I am especially inspired by his Crafting for a Cause project. He writes: "The reality is you are using too much, eating too much, wearing too [...]

Creative Insight with Open ABC

Jane Curtis is the Open ABC producer for Central Victoria. We met recently with Jane to talk about Bendigo Food Share and other great projects Create Business is working on. Jane graciously took up the challenge to be the first interviewee for our new segment: Creative Business Inspiration when we [...]

Like Food? Share it with Bendigo Food Share

Since starting a contract with Bendigo Food Share I have experienced an uncomfortable feeling and the accompanying thought; "This can not be happening in our community." This statement from a young primary school student at breakfast on a Monday morning will make the picture clear for you; "This is the [...]

Kangatraining Online with Create Business

Well done to Trudy Holden of the Bendigo YMCA who is the 2014 WordSmith Women in Business Scholarship winner! I am a big fan of this wonderful woman as she cared for my children through the YMCA children services! I just loved knowing she was in-charge, this knowledge put me [...]